Re: slow query performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Weaver
Subject Re: slow query performance
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Wrote:
> "Dave Weaver" <davew@wsieurope.com> wrote:
> >
> > "explain analyze" doesn't seem to be part of this postgres version (or
> > I misunderstood something).
> > That particular query returned 24 rows.
> >
> You run explain analyze [insert query here]
>
> Post that output

The output is probably not what you were expecting! :-)

obs=> explain analyze select * from obs where station = 'EGBB'
obs-> and valid_time > '28/8/03 00:00' and valid_time < '28/10/03 00:00';
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "analyze"
obs=> \h explain
Command:     EXPLAIN
Syntax:
EXPLAIN [ VERBOSE ] query

As I said, "explain analyze" doesn't seem to be part of this postgres
version.

Dave.