Re: Press Release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Press Release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

> >Incidentally, I'd like to point out that I solicited help on this list 6
weeks
> >ago for re-writing that specific paragraph, and nobody volunteered except
> >Neil who cut 1/2 sentence.

> Well in my own defense, I should have responded sooner :)

Yeah, I'm just frustrated because I haven't been able to get much help
managing the release PR, and it's not really work I enjoy doing.  I'm sure
that Tom & Bruce feel the same way sometimes about maintaining some of our
code ....

Anyway, it's the 11th hour righ now, and we need to make a decision BY
TOMMORROW: do we keep that paragraph and its hyperbole, or do we cut it and
miss a chance to brag about a frequently-requested feature?

Incidentally, the paragraph did originally cover PGAVD as well, but that got
cut when Neil informed me that PGAVD was still beta.  So maybe it's fluffy
enough now that it needs to be cut.  Vote?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions