Jailed postgres - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Paul Bauer
Subject Jailed postgres
Date
List pgsql-novice
I hope this is ok on this list.  I am currently using postgres 7.2 on my
host machine for some internal information.

I recently created a jail for my apache server and want to install
postgres (7.3) in it.  I am finding that it is nearly impossible to get this
working.

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"pgsql".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not
implemented

initdb failed.
Removing /usr/local/pgsql/data.

I have googled and found that it appears to be a problem with;
http://lists.imeme.net/archives/imeme-users/2001-October/000473.html

I note that it is a bit out of date.  is this something that has been
resolved, is it the right answer even?

I would appreciate any help with this as only running one postgres isn't
the solution I would like.  I use it for too many things for that to be
practicle.

Thank you,
Paul
--
# It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.