Re: Need some help getting started - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Dan
Subject Re: Need some help getting started
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Thanks.

Yes, my "Dan" and my "postgres" users have non-blank
passwords.

I read these instructions:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-01/msg00068.php

I had these problems:
Step 1) ipc-daemon is not found.  ipc-daemon2 is.
Step 4) Perhaps I need to change "--dep ipc-daemon" to
"--dep ipc-daemon2"
Step 9) I'm getting the same errors as before.

I still can't tell what user we should use for each
step.  Do we still create a "postgres" user at all?  I
honestly do appreciate the author's intention to
explain why things are different, but it would be more
helpful to just see a continuous, usable, corrected
script with blanks to fill in.  Does anyone have one?

Another fun little snag I've discovered is that
somehow mkpasswd translates my "Dan" user to "Owner"
in the etc/passwd file.  I don't know why.  At least I
now know where the "Owner" in my cygwin command prompt
comes from.

Thanks again