Re: Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: Pgsql 7.3.3 on redhat 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22/10/2003 14:36 frbn wrote:
> hi,
> it seems you use the /usr/bin/pg_dumpall featured by the redhat default
> install
>
> verify this with "which pg_dumpall"
> (rpm -ql postgresql to see all the files of this package)
>
> you upgraded from sources didn't you ?
>
> your fresh new install has the default prefix /usr/local (redhat uses
> /usr)
>
> 2 ways :  recompile/install with ./configure --prefix=/usr ...
> or remove completely the redhat postgresql package (rpm -e postgresql)

I've found the easiest way to over-write a RPM installed version with one
one compiled from source is to use pg_config --configure to get all the
original options which the RMP version was built with. I then supply these
options to the configure script. This way, I know that the new version
will over-write the old version.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas