Re: Postgreqsl & Package - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Postgreqsl & Package
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 17:11, Birahim FALL wrote:
> Thanks, Shridhar,
> I've read something like that in my search this morning!
> But doing that you can have only one package in the scope of a schema.
> Then in a multipackage project these packages cannot access directly to
> the same objects.
> In you eg. We could have a table a.people, and it is not in a scope
> accessible to b.test1 without a grant statement.

Yes that is correct. In fact you could look at it as additional security
feature. i.e. functions from a package can only be accessed by a certain
users..:-)

Besides there is only one grant you need per schema, that is usage. Shouldn't
be a such a big problem, isn't it?

I would be surprised if oracle packages did not provide this feature.

> More info is welcomed,

Check schema search path

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-set.html

I just checked if I could create nested schemas. That would be way too cool..
but it is not supported..:-(

HTH

 Shridhar