Re: Debuging RPMs - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Debuging RPMs
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Mardi 21 Octobre 2003 15:34, Adam H. Pendleton a écrit :
> When trying to
> debug the pgadmin3 exectuable that gets installed with the RPM (this is
> on RedHat), gdb reports that there are now debug symbols in the executable.

Dear Adam,

RH9 stips off debugging symbols by default.

For consistency, I stripped Mandrake and Suse builds too using:
strip --strip-debug %{buildroot}/%{_bindir}/%{name}

Maybe I can unset the default stripping in RH and then remove this line. But
will you be able to debug enough knowing that wxWindows is stripped too?

This is a real problem. Tell me what I should do...
Best regards, Jean-Michel