Re: Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Vincent,

> >>In short, we plan to port Compiere to PostgreSQL and submit the changes
> >> back to Compiere team. There is no evidence so far that Compiere will
> >> accept the changes as their main developer sells Oracle licenses.

Please port it.   Compiere's dependence on Oracle has prevented me from
evaluating it for my clients.   I'll be happy to provide advice/patches down
the line; I have some experience with accounting databases.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions