Re: date_trunc for 5 minutes intervals - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: date_trunc for 5 minutes intervals
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sunday 19 October 2003 14:38, email lists wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am wanting to perform the equivalent of date_trunc to 5/10/15 minute
> intervals. As this does mnot seem to be natively supported by
> date_trunc, can anyone point me in the right direction to possible write
> the SQL ro acheive the desired outcome?

I'd probably convert to seconds-since-epoch and then subtract that value
modulo 300 and convert back.

Might be worth checking the cookbook link on http://techdocs.postgresql.org/
since I can't believe you are the first person to need this.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd