Re: How to list which tables are available? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: How to list which tables are available?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 14 October 2003 10:53, B.W.H. van Beest wrote:
> It seems so elementary, but how I get a list of which tables are
> available in a database. I can't find an SQL command for this, but there
> must be a way!

In psql use \d or \dt

If you start psql with the -E flag it will show you how it does that.

There are also a number of pg_xxx views that show this sort of thing
(pg_tables, pg_indexes etc). I think these are covered in an appendix of the
manuals.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd