ODBC Bug. Bad numeric input format ? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From George A.J
Subject ODBC Bug. Bad numeric input format ?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi all,

i am usig postgres with VB (ADO using ODBC). when i
try to update a numeric field in a table with zero an
error occurs "ERROR: Bad numeric input format '.' "
 .
this happends when i call recordset.update() after
assigning 0 to the field. a sample is given bellow

 rs!Opening=0
 rs.Update

 this code works fine if we assign any value other
 than
 zero to the field.is there a solution. i think it is a bug?

 if i use the update query there is no problem.

the same same problem exist if a adodb.command object is used to call a function
in pl/pgsql. The problem exist only for numeric filed. if a non zero digit exist before decimal point the code works correctly. if we send the value 0.0001 it is reached in postgres as .1. ie the numeric value is changed when it reached the backend. i get this from the query log of postgresql. if we send a zero (0.00) it reached back end as "." that is why the error bad numeric input.
how can i solve this bug.
where should i report this?
i tried the latest snapshot dll of ODBC  7.03.0115 but the error still exist.

please help..

thanks...
jinujose

Do you Yahoo!?