Re: [Cygwin] Postgresql 7.3.4 Installation Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: [Cygwin] Postgresql 7.3.4 Installation Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 10:11:49PM +0100, NK wrote:
> Trying to install Postgresql 7.3.4  using the Cygwin(the last
> version), I followed all the instructions.

Why don't you use the pre-built Postgresql package that is part of the
standard Cygwin distribution?

> After typing the  "" ./configure "" command, I typed "" make "" (i
> have installed the GNU make 8 ) but after the build-process the result
> was not "All of Postgresql is successfully made,Ready to install" but
> the report of two errors
>
> make[2]: *** [postgres] Error 1
>
> make[2]: Leaving Directory `cygdrive/[the folder where postgresql is
> located]/src/backend`
>
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>
> make[1]: Leaving Directory `cygdrive/[the folder where postgresql is
> located/src`
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2

The above error messages are not sufficient for those trying to help you
to determine what is the problem.  If you really need to build
Postgresql yourself, then please supply the exact error messages.

Jason