Re: Redhat RPMs (Was: Debian experimental packages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Redhat RPMs (Was: Debian experimental packages
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:17:53PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> I haven't got any further than this, but I wonder if this is something
> that would be useful to the whole project and not just to the
> distributions.  Any comments?

None except that this is more or less how we manage multiple
installations and back ends in our test and production environments.
It works pretty well.  I also know that Tom Lane uses something again
similar in order to support the apparently limitless different
permutations of installations he has available at the touch of '.
filename'.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110