Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Date
Re: go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL  (Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>)
List pgsql-performance
> NB> So far:
>
> NB> shared_buffers = 1/16th of total memory
> NB> effective_cache_size = 80% of the supposed kernel cache.
>
> Please take into account the blocksize compiled into PG, too...

Would anyone object to a patch that exports the blocksize via a
readonly GUC?  Too many tunables are page dependant, which is
infuriating when copying configs from DB to DB.  I wish pgsql had some
notion of percentages for values that end with a '%'.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden