AIX kernel api like socket - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From dinesh jha
Subject AIX kernel api like socket
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello,
we are developing a pseudo iscsi driver on AIX.  we
will be giving a character device interface for this
device, thru which the user has to make the ioctl to
send the login information.  On getting the user
details, our driver has to talk to the TCP/IP
subsystem, inside the kernel, thru the socket layer of
kernel.

Here we are facing the problem, as to, how does one
talk to the socket layer, within the kernel.
We could not find any document from IBM websites, to
solve the problem.

We found other ways to talk to the Ethernet card, by
doing fd_open, fd_write etc., but, those could
not be used over here, since, we will get all the
packets thru the Ethernet card, which are not needed.

(we need interface in AIX like sock_create in linux )

Thanks
DD