Re: suggestions for tracking down syntax errors? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: suggestions for tracking down syntax errors?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 09 October 2003 13:15, Terrence Brannon wrote:
> I created a schema and piped it to psql but got an error message:
>
>         ~/hacks/psql $ cat create.sql | psql test
> ERROR:  table "country" does not exist
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ")" at character 91
> ERROR:  table "customer" does not exist
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
> 'customer_customer_id_seq' for SERIAL column 'customer.customer_id'
>
> But I don't know exactly where character 91 is... a line number
> (including the comments in the file) would be more useful to me.

Try psql -f create.sql, or in psql \i create.sql  - both should give you line
numbers.

Also, try not to post a new question by replying to an existing one. It can
make it difficult for people to notice your question.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd