Re: UPDATE one table with values from another - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: UPDATE one table with values from another
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Dan,
>
> > UPDATE commit_log_ports_elements X
> >    SET X.needs_refresh = CLP.needs_refresh,
> >        X.port_version  = CLP.port_version,
> >        X.port_revision = CLP.port_revision
>
> FROM commit_log_ports CLP
> WHERE X.commit_log_id = CLP.commit_log_id

Thanks Josh.  After a 5 hour drive to Hamilton, my brain was only capable
of doing the email.

> You can always ask this kind of thing on IRC .....

If I'd been at home, I would have.  This laptop of mine is getting pretty
old.  It took pretty close to 15 minutes for it to set a field to zero in
91,295 rows....  I need more ram and a faster laptop!

cheers