Re: refential integrity to multiple tables ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Ronström
Subject Re: refential integrity to multiple tables ??
Date
List pgsql-general
Almost everything is possible if you accept to write your own triggers
and trigger functions. But there is no standard solution to this
problem.

There are of course inherited tables, but in the current
implementation, foreign key constraints doesn't work very well with
them (making them completly worthless IMO). That is going to change in
a future release according to the docs, but for now, table inheritance
is not the way to go in your case. Triggers are.

Regards
Erik