problems retrieving images in 7.3.4 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From sibusiso xolo
Subject problems retrieving images in 7.3.4
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings,

I have a problem with BLOBS  using PostgreSQL7.3.4.

I used the lo_export utility to insert an image into a trial database.  I have
not been able to use the lo_export utility to retrieve it. I have done this
successfully before using PostgreSQL7.2.

Assuming I have a table name TABLE with columns named  TITLE and IMAGE. I (
working as postgres  ) issued  the following select statement :

SELECT lo_export(table.image('/tmp/outimage.jpg')
from TABLE
where TITLE ='First Picture';

I get in response  'cant open unix file system "/tmp/outimage.jpg" no such
file or directory.  The problem seems to be the filename.  So  I tried
different filenames such as image2.jpg, etc with the same result.

 I looked at the /tmp  directory and I did not see any jpegs.  I also looked
at the postgres/data directory to see if there is a directory labelled /tmp.
I was unsuccessful. I am using a PC running SuSE8.2.

Some help will be appreciated.

Yours sincerely
SX