Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
List pgsql-patches
Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> > Probably pretty long.  I think the pg_stat_activity case really needs
> > the "\n" because if not the query breaks the table output format.  Not
>
> I was actually thinking exactly the opposite. pg_stat_activity viewed in
> pgadmin GUI is going to format the table perfectly fine, but with
> everthing on one line it will be next to impossible to understand
> anything complex.

You are right.  It is psql that is at fault for causing the \n value to
start at the beginning of the next line and not at the proper column on
the next line.  I will not change the pg_stat_activity values.

Tom's idea of doing it in elog is better, of course.

> I would imagine psql will also be easier to read using human placed \n's
> rather than random ones at the terminal width.

Right.