Re: Learning PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Learning PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> Dear PostgreSQL masters,
>
> I know this might look like a childish question and you
> probably might have a good laugh over this but I
> would like to learn how PostgreSQL works inside-out.
> Could anyone please give me some pointers of where to start
> in/from the source code?

Sure, check out the developers web page.  It has some basic outlines,
and an FAQ.  After that, it is mostly digging. You will need an editor
that supports tags or some way to pull symbols out of the code, and
hopefully cross-references.

Pennsylvania19073