Re: 'Official' Interfaces - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 'Official' Interfaces
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> It's been brought to my attention that there is no mechanism in place to
> allow people to recognise the best or 'official' PostgreSQL interfaces,
> and I don't just mean those in the core distribution, but those that we
> consider the best of their type such a psqlODBC, libpqxx, Npgsql and so
> on.
>
> Obviously we can list them on a webpage, but what criteria could we use
> to select them?

I talked to the JDBC guys about this already.  What we need is a section
in the documentation about the various interfaces that are not
distributed with PostgreSQL, where to find them, and how they differ,
e.g. how are the perl interfaces and c++ interfaces different.