Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones... - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Jeudi 25 Septembre 2003 15:23, Adam H. Pendleton a écrit :
> I get the following error when installing the wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831 RPM:
> /sbin/ldconfig: relative path `1' used to build cache
> error: %post(wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
> I should point out that running ldconfig after installing this RPM
> doesn't actually do anything, since the only libraries that are
> installed are static libraries, and ldconfig is only used to update
> linker cache data for shared libraries.

Dear Adam and friends,

My wxGTK2ud RPMs are getting quite old compared to wxWindows new ones. I am
currently rebuilding the new RPMs from wxWindows CVS.

You can rebuild them following these steps:

1) Checkout wxWindows from CVS.
2) Run this script
echo "Removing old build directory"
rm -fr build
cd wxWindows
echo "Updating from CVS"
cvs update -C -P -d
cd ..
echo "Creating a new build directory"
cp -rf wxWindows build
cd build

echo "Make distros"

./configure --disable-gui --no-recursion
cd locale
make allmo
cd ..
make -j1 dist bzip-dist-only
make clean
rm -fr _dist_dir

./configure --enable-gui --no-recursion
cd locale
make allmo
cd ..
make -j1 dist bzip-dist-only
make clean
rm -fr _dist_dir

mv -f *.tar.bz2 /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

echo "Building wxBase"
rpmbuild -ba --with unicode wxBase.spec
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/i386/wxBase*

echo "Building wxGTK"
rpmbuild -ba --with unicode --with gtk2 wxGTK.spec

Based on the result, it may be interesting to provide these RPMs for pgAdmin3
stable release. Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel