Re: Problem with domains - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Creager
Subject Re: Problem with domains
Date
Re: Problem with domains  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Once upon a time (Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:10:53 -0700 (PDT))
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> uttered something amazingly similar
to:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Sent for user who is having trouble posting to bugs list:
>
> Seems like the correct behavior to me. When CONSTRAINT is given, the
> name is not optional AFAICS.

True, but the second CREATE DOMAIN, which is a valid form, fails when preceded
by the invalid form.  This was the error I was referring to.  Not the fact that
I didn't know how to use domains ;-)  If the transaction is bad after the first
invalid CREATE DOMAIN, the error should say so, rather than waiting for a
second valid statement to come along, shouldn't it?

Cheers,
Rob
--
 22:50:13 up 54 days, 15:22,  5 users,  load average: 2.36, 2.37, 2.17