Re: Are 50 million rows a problem for postgres ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Christopher Smith
Subject Re: Are 50 million rows a problem for postgres ?
Date
List pgsql-admin
I have a US zip code look-up table that includes all zip codes within a 300 mile radius.

DATE_PORTAL=# select count(origin) from zips_300 ;
   count
 201021979
(1 row)

The row count is shown above. I get great , great performance. However with large data sets, you need a lot of space for indexes.  In my production system, I moved the indexes to another disk.

Postgresql can handle 50 million rows with no problem, just index the data properly.

Do you Yahoo!?