Re: Plz, what is the most "correct" method - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Plz, what is the most "correct" method
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 10 September 2003 17:01, PipHans wrote:
> Table1:
> id    Auto,int,PrimKey
> table2id    int
> txt   nvarchar50
>
> Table2:
> id    Auto,int,PrimKey
> order   int
>
> The scenario: Table2.order defines how the table1.txt is should be ordered.
> Table1.table2id contains the id of the order. This cannot be changed
>
> How do I select all Table1.txt values but ordered by their corresponding
> values of the table2.order field?

Sorry for the delay here - are you subscribed to the list? If not that can
slow things down (it only showed Monday, after you posted Wednesday).

All you need to do is join the two tables and order by the required field

SELECT t1.id, t1.txt FROM table1 as t1, table2 as t2
WHERE t1.table2id=t2.id
ORDER BY t2.order

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd