Re: help with mac osx 10.2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Theodore Petrosky
Subject Re: help with mac osx 10.2.6
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom,

I got a reply back from someone on the apple
developers list.

> gcc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall
-Wmissing-prototypes
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is wrong.  You need to use -no-cpp-precomp. It
says this in the release notes for the December tools
updater, as well as a number of other things... if you
haven't read the release notes carefully, then I would
read them again if I were you.
so I tried make -no-cpp-precomp

it started the make and failed here:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`../../../src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.a', needed by
`pg_dump'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas... do you have an ETA for the return of your
mac... we need you

Ted