Re: jobs.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: jobs.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert,

> I'm not against it, though I really wonder if folks would actually pay to

Sure, why not?  Craigslist.org is entirely funded by job listings.

Also charging some kind of fee screens out the vapor and most of the
agency-recruiters-in-sheeps-clothing.

> The "somethings better than nothing" fix:
>
> * add pgsql-jobs to mailing lists web page
> * add pgsql-jobs to archives
> * remove bad information on techdocs jobs page, pointing folks to the
mailing
> list pages, reminding them to search for postgre, postgres,postgresql,pgsql
> when searching job sites.
> * put up announcement on main web page
> * put notice in weekly news

Sure, that sounds great as something we can do right now.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions