Left join - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zengfa Gao
Subject Left join
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, all,

I tried to use "left join" to select data from my
database. Result is come out, but I didn't see the
value of "displayString". I added "left outer join",
same result.

SELECT   devices.ProductType,  devices.deviceKey,
devices.fullDNSName, deviceTypesEnum.displayString,
deviceTypesEnum.enumId FROM devices
 LEFT JOIN deviceTypesEnum ON  deviceTypesEnum.enumId
= devices.productType;

Can anyone tell me how to modify this query?

Thanks a lot!

Zengfa

[root@scmlin46 data]# psql -Umxadmin mydb_v1_0;
Welcome to psql 7.3.2, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

mydb=# SELECT   devices.ProductType,
devices.deviceKey, devices.fullDNSName,
deviceTypesEnum.displayString, deviceTypesEnum.enumId
FROM devices
mysql=#  LEFT JOIN deviceTypesEnum ON
deviceTypesEnum.enumId = devices.productType;
 producttype | devicekey |    fulldnsname     |
displaystring | enumid