Re: Strange browser behavior when querying PostgreSql database - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Strange browser behavior when querying PostgreSql database
Date
List pgsql-php
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 07:50:15 -0700,
  Chris  FR <gras.christophe@libertysurf.fr> wrote:

> SELECT a.* FROM a WHERE a.idf = b.id

You shouldn't use the above syntax as it is non standard and is more
commonly used by mistake than intentionally. People looking at your code
later will wonder what you were really trying to do.

> I solved the problem by modifying the request :
>
> SELECT a.* FROM a, b WHERE a.idf = b.id
>
> Now the script works.

I am not sure why there is a difference in these two cases. Possibly you
didn't give us the real queries and there is something else going on.