Problem with tsearch and stopwords - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joerg Erdmenger
Subject Problem with tsearch and stopwords
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there,

I have an issue with tsearch. I'm using tsearch as a search mechanism on a
website making various queries created from the words that a user has put in.
So I query for all the words put in combined with a logical 'and' and also a
query with all the words combined with a logical 'or'. In the 'and' case
stopwords are correctly ignored whereas in the 'or' case they are not
apparently, e.g.

select 'tax&and&work'::mquery_txt;
   mquery_txt
----------------
 'tax' & 'work'
(1 row)

select 'tax|and|work'::mquery_txt;
NOTICE:  Query contains only stopword(s) or doesn't contain lexem(s), ignored
 mquery_txt

(1 row)

Am I missing something? Is the only workaround to filter the stopwords myself
before I pass the query to tsearch?

Thanks

Joerg