Re: Linux ready for high-volume databases? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Linux ready for high-volume databases?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:15:14AM -0700, Al Hulaton wrote:
> Perhaps the PostgreSQL team bidding for the job, if any were even consulted,
> didn't frame the project as IBM did -- a product joint venture. It's a good
> tactic and I don't blame Sourceforge one bit for the opportunity.

Well, since the main point was to get some $$ into the company, bucks
which IBM has and PostgreSQL doesn't, it's not too surprising that
the PostgreSQL team didn't win.  The move to DB2 was apparently a
quid pro quo for the cash.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110