Re: Counting table/row access - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Counting table/row access
Date
List pgsql-novice
Leslie,

> I am using a Postgresql database on a remore server and accessed using ASP.
> I have set a table called user_authentication containing user names and
> passwords and another column called url.  I have set the ASP login page so
> that user name, on login, are directed to the specific URL contained in the
> URL column.  I would like to find a way to collect the statistics (number of
> accesses) made by each user in the table.  Is this posible and can anyone
> tell me how?

That depends.  Are the users being logged into the *database* with their own
ids and passwords, or does the application access the database under a
"system user"?

There are a variety of different ways to do this, both in the database and out
of it, and which one you want depends on exactly what information you want to
track.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions