Re: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:15:23PM +0530, Jomon Skariah wrote:

> we are  facing a few problems with PL/SQL Code..
>

> 1)    In Oracle sqlplus we can run sql script files as @script_name;
>     How do we do the same in PostGres.

psql takes \i. See psql's \?

See the "Porting From Oracle PL/SQL" document I wrote that is part of the
PL/pgSQL documentation.

>     Also is there any replacement for "&&" in PostGres ?
>

>     Eg:
>         CREATE USER CATALOG
>         IDENTIFIED BY &ORA_PASSWORD
>         DEFAULT TABLESPACE &DFLT_TABLESPACE
>         TEMPORARY TABLESPACE &TEMP_TABLESPACE

What does that do?

> 2)     In PostGres a function can not take more 16 arguments.We have some
> procedures which are taking more than
>     16 arguements.So how can we convert them into PostGres.

You can recompile to change the number of parameters.
PG 7.3 can have up to 32 arguments by default, IIRC.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +