Re: Mail server load - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Mail server load
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Dennis Gearon wrote:
>
> > holy S**T!!
>
> Particularly the 'Passed' number. Now I'm not subscribed to all of the lists
> but I am on -general, -hackers and a couple of others like -interfaces and yet
> I would say that the volume of email I'm seeing from the lists is far lower
> than normal _not_ more by a factor of 3-ish.

The # Passed is what amavisd passed through to majordomo2 ... majordomo2
then takes everything that amavisd marked as being spam and trashes those
... and then everything that is from ppl not subscribed to the lists has
to get approved by 'the moderator', which I'm currently going through ...
only 400 more to go, 399 of which are most likely stuff amavisd didn't
catch as spam *sigh*

Oh ... also consider that a *very* large portion of the messages that
Passed are also postmaster messages for messages bounced ... I have a
filter on my mail for that to put it into its own mailbox ... since Aug
18th, there have been 12622 messages delivered to that mailbox ... and
there is also all the subscribe/unsubscribe requests ... all of which
would have been Passed thorugh amavisd ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org