Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> Hmm... be affiliated with a third world country not known for anything
> technology related or canada... panama city it is! :-)

Look, the point is that PostgreSQL Inc. is in Canada, and if we announce from
Toronto, Canada, a lot of reporters are going to jump to the conclusion that
the relationship btw. PostgreSQL Inc. and PostgreSQL is the same as the
releationship between MySQL AB and MySQL.  Several already have, based on the
calls and e-mails I received after 7.3.

If you have another location suggestion that makes sense, I'd be happy to hear
it.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions