Re: PostGreSQL - Accessing It - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: PostGreSQL - Accessing It
Date
List pgsql-general
El Mar 12 Ago 2003 19:51, Michael escribió:
> I installed RedHat 9.0 and found that PostGreSql was installed with the
> OS.  I started the service, tried to create a database.
>
> I cannot access/create a database from root or any of the other accounts
> I have setup for RH9.  I noticed that there is a user setup for postgres
> (I guess this part of the postgres install) but can't login as that
> user.  I can't even read or change the password.  How do I get at
> PostGreSql?

Login as root to change the password of the postgres user.
You can't login as other users surelly because your pg_hba.conf has
autentification against the database users (Don't know for sure cause I don't
have a RH9 at hand now).

> Secondarily - does anyone know if JDBC drivers are part of the RH9
> PostGreSql install?

Yes, but it comes as a seperated package: postgresql-jdbc

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?