Re: Analyze makes queries slow... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Stef
Subject Re: Analyze makes queries slow...
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:25:03 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

=>     set enable_mergejoin to off;
=>     explain analyze   ... query ...
=>
=> If it finishes in a reasonable amount of time, send the explain output.

Hi again,

I did this on the 7.3.1 database, and attached the output.
It actually ran faster after ANALYZE and 'set enable_mergejoin to off'
Thanks!

I also reloaded this database onto 7.3.4, tried the same query after
the ANALYZE, and the query executed a lot faster.
Thanks again!

I also attached the output of the EXPLAIN ANALYZE on 7.3.4

For now I'll maybe just disable mergejoin. But definitely a postgres
upgrade is what I will do.

I went through the different outputs of EXPLAIN ANALYZE a bit, and
I think I can now see where the difference is.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards
Stefan.

Attachment