Re: 7.4Beta1 "failed to create socket: Address family not - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 7.4Beta1 "failed to create socket: Address family not
Date
List pgsql-general
My original commit had a message stating it was an IPv6 and the kernel
didn't support it.  I don't see that message in CVS anymore, but I think
we need something similar.

There was a big discussion over whether we should require IPv6 to be
enabled individually, and then throw a hard error if IPv6 fails, but at
this stage, it seemed best to most to just try IPv6 and soft-fail, while
throwing a message in the server logs.