Re: PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, I have no mention of this problem in the TODO list, so I would
like to get a good description of why it isn't working.

Looking at the code, I see upper() is defined in oracle_compat.c (you
would think it would be more standard), and it calls toupper(), so it
probably works on single-bytes encodings, but not multi-byte ones.  Is
this correct?  is there a way to do multi-byte toupper?  Perhaps
converting to wide characters and calling towupper()?