Re: Moving from MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: Moving from MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/08/2003 01:41 Simon Windsor wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am sorry for mailing this list directly, but I am planning to migrate a
> web application from MySQL to Postgres. I am aware of a number of
> applications to help in this process, ie my2pg, etc. The biggest
> stumbling block I face is replication.
>
> What facilities exist within Postgres to replicate data from one instance
> to another?

There are several replication mechanisms available for PostgreSQL. The two
shipped with it are dbmirror and rserv. I believe that rserv will shortly
be replaced by erserv, which is based on rsev and uses Java instead of
perl.

> Which version of Postgres would people to recommend?

The latest production release is 7.3.4. I'd recoomend using that.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |