Moving from MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Windsor
Subject Moving from MySQL
Date
Re: Moving from MySQL  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Hi

I am sorry for mailing this list directly, but I am planning to migrate a web application from MySQL to Postgres. I am aware of a number of applications to help in this process, ie my2pg, etc. The biggest stumbling block I face is replication.

What facilities exist within Postgres to replicate data from one instance to another?
Which version of Postgres would people to recommend?

Many thanx

Simon Windsor
Email: simon.windsor@cornfield.org.uk
Tel: 01454 617689