Re: [pg-sql] - Problem with duplicate table (PostgreSQL 7.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: [pg-sql] - Problem with duplicate table (PostgreSQL 7.2.3
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, BenLaKnet wrote:

> we make a dump before ... and with a product pgmanager (ems tech) we do
> not show any foreign keys.

That's possible, I'd have guessed that it should be dumping the triggers
as CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER commands in the dump.

> But I think all of triggers of referenced table are not deleted.

If you can make a repeatable test case (a simpler one than your full data
set) that'd be helpful to look at.  One possibility is that older versions
(7.1 and earlier) had a bug that would cause the constraint triggers to be
reloaded without the information of which table it was associated with,
but I don't see how that'd apply here.

> We recreate the schemas ... and now it's running.
>
> How is it possible to identify Triggers with no referenced tables ?

Generally you'd need to look through pg_trigger manually looking for
something that doesn't match up correctly against the constraints you
expect to have.