Re: Upgrade 7.2 to 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Upgrade 7.2 to 7.3
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 23:00:19 +1000,
  James Williams <jw11@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> A while ago, I played around a bit with PostgreSQL 7.2 and created a
> test database (think it was called mydb).
>
> Since then I've upgraded Linux and it also upgraded PostgreSQL to 7.3.
> Now I'm ready to start doing some proper stuff but I can't start the
> postmaster. It says I need to upgrade my database, but I don't care
> about the old database.
>
> Is there any way I can remove the old database and start working with 7.3?

You can delete the contents of the data directory and do an initdb.
You might want to save the config files before doing the delete so that
you can copy them back after the initdb. (Though I think the syntax
for the hba config file changed between 7.2 and 7.3, so it should need
to be tweaked in any case.)