Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql-server/doc TODO
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> >     < * Delay resolution of array expression type so assignment coercion
> >     > * -Delay resolution of array expression type so assignment coercion
>
> AFAIK, this is *not* done.

I already have it marked as not done.

> >     <     o Implement SQLDA (do we really need this?)
> >     >     o -Implement SQLDA
>
> This is not done either is it?

I thought that came in with ecpg theads, but looking now, I see sqlda.h
is am empty file.  Updated.

> >     364d362
> >     < * Allow binding query args over FE/BE protocol
>
> Shouldn't this be marked done, rather than removed?

It was redundant because we already have this marked as done:

        o -Allow binding of query parameters, support for
      prepared queries

At least I think it is redundant.

> >     <     o Replication support?
> >     <     o Error codes
> >     >     o -Error codes
>
> Looks like the replication line unintentionally disappeared?

I questioned whether replication belonged in the wire protocol section
anymore, especially since I haven't heard an argument why it is needed
in there.  It was an idea floated around a while ago, but it doesn't
seem as relivant anymore.