pgsql-server/doc TODO - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian)
Subject pgsql-server/doc TODO
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@svr1.postgresql.org    03/08/07 23:00:21

Modified files:
    doc            : TODO

Log message:
    Update done items:

    < * Allow elog() to return error codes, module name, file name, line
    <   number, not just messages (Peter E)
    < * Add error codes (Peter E)
    < * Make error messages more consistent [error]
    > * -Allow elog() to return error codes, module name, file name, line
    >   number, not just messages (Tom)
    > * -Add error codes (Tom)
    > * -Make error messages more consistent
    40c40
    < * Add GUC log_statement_and_duration to print statement and >= min duration
    > * -Add GUC log_statement_and_duration to print statement and >= min duration
    84c84
    < * Allow current datestyle to restrict dates;  prevent month/day swapping
    > * -Allow current datestyle to restrict dates;  prevent month/day swapping
    86c86
    < * Prevent month/day swapping of ISO dates to make invalid dates valid
    > * -Prevent month/day swapping of ISO dates to make invalid dates valid
    88c88
    < * Delay resolution of array expression type so assignment coercion
    > * -Delay resolution of array expression type so assignment coercion
    93c93
    <     o Allow arrays to be ORDER'ed
    >     o -Allow arrays to be ORDER'ed
    116c116
    < * Remove Cyrillic recode support
    > * -Remove Cyrillic recode support
    144c144
    < * Certain indexes will not shrink, e.g. indexes on ever-increasing
    > * -Certain indexes will not shrink, e.g. indexes on ever-increasing
    185c185
    < * Have SELECT '13 minutes'::interval display zero seconds in ISO datestyle
    > * -Have SELECT '13 minutes'::interval display zero seconds in ISO datestyle
    196c196
    <     o -Add ALTER TABLE tab SET WITHOUT OIDS (Rod)
    >     o --Add ALTER TABLE tab SET WITHOUT OIDS (Rod)
    221c221
    <       stored in the backend
    >       stored in the backend (Gavin)
    235c235
    <     o Allow EXPLAIN EXECUTE to see prepared plans
    >     o -Allow EXPLAIN EXECUTE to see prepared plans
    241d240
    <     o Add untrusted version of plpython
    265c264
    < * Allow psql to show transaction status if backend protocol changes made
    > * -Allow psql to show transaction status if backend protocol changes made
    272,273c271,272
    < * Modify pg_get_triggerdef() to take a boolean to pretty-print,
    <  and use that as part of pg_dump along with psql
    > * -Modify pg_get_triggerdef() to take a boolean to pretty-print,
    >   and use that as part of pg_dump along with psql
    292c291
    <     o Add SQLSTATE
    >     o -Add SQLSTATE
    296c295
    <     o Implement SQLDA (do we really need this?)
    >     o -Implement SQLDA
    364d362
    < * Allow binding query args over FE/BE protocol
    378c376,377
    < * Provide automatic running of vacuum in the background (Tom) [vacuum]
    > * Provide automatic running of vacuum in the background in backend
    >   rather than in /contrib [vacuum]
    427c426
    < * Allow Subplans to use efficient joins(hash, merge) with upper variable
    > * -Allow Subplans to use efficient joins(hash, merge) with upper variable
    429c428
    < * Allow merge and hash joins on expressions not just simple variables (Tom)
    > * -Allow merge and hash joins on expressions not just simple variables (Tom)
    474c473
    < * Remove memory/file descriptor freeing befor elog(ERROR)  (Bruce)
    > * Remove memory/file descriptor freeing before ereport(ERROR)  (Bruce)
    489,490c488,489
    <     o Show transaction status in psql
    <     o Allow binding of query parameters, support for prepared queries
    >     o -Show transaction status in psql
    >     o -Allow binding of query parameters, support for prepared queries
    492,494c491,493
    <     o Remove hard-coded limits on user/db/password names
    <     o Remove unused elements of startup packet (unused, tty, passlength)
    <     o Fix COPY/fastpath protocol?
    >     o -Remove hard-coded limits on user/db/password names
    >     o -Remove unused elements of startup packet (unused, tty, passlength)
    >     o -Fix COPY/fastpath protocol
    496,497c495
    <     o Replication support?
    <     o Error codes
    >     o -Error codes
    500d497
    <     o ecpg improvements?
    503c500
    <     o Report server version number, database encoding, client encoding