Auditing idea - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Felipe Schnack
Subject Auditing idea
Date
Re: Auditing idea  (Mike Benoit <mikeb@netnation.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hey all! I had an idea to implement a very simple (IMHO) auditing mechanism for an application I'm developing, and
thoughtsome people here could give some hints, opinions, etc about it.
  I was thinking about implementing update and delete triggers for all my tables that I want to be audited, and these
triggerswould create automatically the auditing message for me. Basically, the update triggers would store the row
valuesin the OLD and NEW rows, and the delete trigger would store the values in the OLD row.
  What you guys think of this idea? To me seems simple and good enough.

 /~\ The ASCII        Felipe Schnack (felipes@ritterdosreis.br)
 \ / Ribbon Campaign  Analista de Sistemas
  X  Against HTML     Cel.: 51-91287530
 / \ Email!           Linux Counter #281893

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter@ritterdosreis.br
Fone: 51-32303341