Re: TODO item for plpgsql Was Re: obtuse plpgsql function needs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Poole
Subject Re: TODO item for plpgsql Was Re: obtuse plpgsql function needs
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:06:18PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> As far as I can tell from my PL/SQL guide to Oracle8, PL/SQL does not permit
> exectution of strings-as-queries at all.  So there's no equivalent in PL/SQL.

I'm not an Oracle bunny but they seem to have something vaguely similar
to what we do; they call it "EXECUTE IMMEDIATE" and the concept is
described as "Dynamic SQL".

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/appdev.817/a77069/10_dynam.htm#4376

Richard