Odd problems with create rule - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jamie Lawrence
Subject Odd problems with create rule
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all -

I'm having a strange problem creating a rule on a view.

I've done this with no problem in other databases... I'm wondering if
somehow there was something omitted or some other type of prolem with
the database creation. Or, I could have no idea what I'm talking about.

Any guesses?

dlm=# create or replace  rule addenda_insert_rule as
dlm-#         on insert to addenda do instead
dlm(#                 insert into documents (
dlm(#                         project_id,
dlm(#                         doc_num,
dlm(#                         description,
dlm(#                         date,
dlm(#                         people_id,
dlm(#                         parent,
dlm(#                         document_type,
dlm(#                         state,
dlm(#                         machines_id,
dlm(#                         phases_id )
dlm(#                 values (
dlm(#                         new.projects._id,
dlm(#                         new.doc_num,
dlm(#                         new.description,
dlm(#                         new.date,
dlm(#                         new.people_id,
dlm(#                         new.parent,
dlm(#                         new.document_type,
dlm(#                         new.state,
dlm(#                         new.machines_id,
dlm(#                         new.phases_id );
ERROR:  Namespace "*NEW*" does not exist
dlm=#

Thanks.

-j

--