Portfolio effect - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Portfolio effect
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 24 July 2003 06:36, Robert Treat wrote:
> Significant advances in PostgreSQL version 7.4 include:

Several products create a portfolio effect. Example:
- Windows + Internet Explorer + Outlook
- Excel + Word + Powerpoint
- Mysql + Php server + Apache
- Photoshop + Illustrator + ...

Therefore, why not mention eRServer, pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 and the upcoming
release of a Windows port?

"PostgreSQL 7.4 will be shortly followed by the release of a native Windows
port end of Q4. At this time, we plan to bundle PostgreSQL with eRServer
(powerfull replication solution), pgAdmin3 (multi-platform graphical
administration tool) and PhpPgAdmin (Web administration interface) delivered
in separate installer. Our goal is to answer 95% of needs of %95 of users and
become the standard database solution in the world."

Regards,
Jean-Michel